Monday, September 7, 2009

Blackberries!

I had the good fortune today to pick some blackberries - I had been wanting some to add to the morning smoothie. I have a great collection of frozen fruit for smoothies - peaches, raspberries, strawberries, sometimes blueberries, and some bananas.

No, the bananas are not local. In fact, I often don't buy bananas for that reason. But a small amount of frozen banana in a smoothie (about half a banana per 2 smoothies) is a wondrous thing. And these particular bananas were organic and on sale for 35 cents a pound at Eats - likely to be thrown out the next day, and I saved them! I peel them, break them into pieces, put the pieces in a baggie and the baggie in the freezer.

And now, really fat juicy blackberries to add to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment